Monday 7 April 2014

Bubbles & Relaxation



I've become slightly addicted with Spa's of recent after having my first spa day experience a couple of years ago to celebrate my sister coming back from Oz. Theres nothing quite like indulging yourself in a few hours of blissful pampering, with the girls, to blow the cobwebs away.




Now Spa days can be an eye watering experience price wise which is why I regularly trawl sites like Travel Zoo (www.travelzoo.com/uk),  Groupon (www.groupon.co.uk) & Living Social (www.livingsocial.com) for discounted spa experiences.





I noticed a great deal for The Lion Quays Spa, situated in Shropshire on Travel Zoo recently: £45 for four hours Spa access, a 50 minute treatment and afternoon tea in the Spa's brasserie! Now I've been to the Lion Quays Spa before and would recommend it so I just had to snap this one up.
 



So on Friday afternoon, armed with my sister Julie, friend Jenny and a whole load of fashion magazines we made our way to the Lion Quays for a few hours of R&R.






We started off with afternoon tea in Nico's brasserie. Note - Nico's do a whole range of great healthy salads and smoothies for those health concious souls. We were naughty and opted for cakes and prosecco instead.





Finger sanwiches, Carrot cake, Bakewell tart, Bara Brith and some absolutley delicious Scones with lashings of Jam and Clotted cream.
 




Probably not the best thing to eat before getting into your Bikini/Tankini but well worth it anyway. The cakes and particularly the Scones were really delicious and I would definitely visit Nico's again.




After we'd indulged our tummies we booked in for our treatments. We all opted for Full Body Massages and the next 50 mins whizzed blissfully.

Unfortunately I couldn't take any of my own pictures of the Spa but it has a whole range of facilities including a Sauna, Starlit Livello Steam room, Experience Shower and even the UK's first Snow Cave. You really do have to be brave to try that one but I must admit in small doses it was quite invigorating.








I managed to get some images from the website so you could see the facilities. I throughly enjoyed my four hours in the Spa and was more than a little bit devestated when I had to leave.

If your after a good old pampering session I would definitely recommend The Lion Quays Spa (www.lionquays.co.uk). They do whole range of offers including mid-week pacakges and leisure breaks at the connecting hotel. I will be returning as soon as I can justify some more selfish me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment