Monday 19 January 2015

Interactive @ FACT, Liverpool

 
 
I am incredibly lucky to have a selection of excellent cities on my doorstep. Liverpool is one of my favourites: there's always lots going on, they have an excellent selection of restaurants and bars and I think Scousers are some of the friendliest people you can meet.
 
So I often jump on the train and head down for the day to check out the galleries and see what's going on. I like to get Riley involved in some of these trips and expose him to the art that I love.
 
He's slightly obsessed with Wrestling and John Cena at the moment hence the defaced train ticket!
 
 
If you are ever in Liverpool I'd recommend checking out FACT (Foundation for Art & Creative Technology) down on Wood Street. Combining a love of art and cinema FACT has an ever changing selection of exhibitions, a great café/bar and cinema screens showing a range of art house and commercial films.
 


 
At the moment FACT is showcasing Type Motion, 'an exhibition featuring over 200 outstanding examples of text and typography being used alongside the moving image'.
 


 
In the second gallery this exhibition continues with interactive stations so you can get involved. Riley particularly liked the station where you use your hand to fly over a virtual city landscape.
 





 
Outside of the exhibition space they have a 'Development Lab' where kids and adults alike can create a masterpiece of their own on the wall, enter a virtual world and even Tweet from a Vintage typewriter.
 
FACT is somewhere I would recommend to anyone with kids as it's so 'hands-on'. Riley absolutely loved it. They also show a range of child friendly films, including a weekend 'Kids Club' screening and run a selection of workshops.
 
 

 
I can't wait to go back when the next exhibition arrives at the end of February and really want to check out the cinema aspect of the venue. A great few hours can be spent in this place, check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment