Friday 6 February 2015

Dining down at The Shack/Lemon Tree

 


I live in a rather small little town in North Wales called Wrexham. While the countryside and views are beautiful there isn't a great deal going on and the town isn't what it used to be. This extends to the quality of restaurants on offer.
 
There isn't a great selection of restaurants within Wrexham but there are a couple of hidden gems and The Shack/The Lemon Tree is definitely one of them. Wanting a girlie catch up after a very quiet and cold January my gang of girls headed to the restaurant for a gossip, wine and some good old grub.
 
Now The Lemon Tree is a great little restaurant located within a beautiful converted Church. They serve great quality classics while the sister restaurant,The Shack serves a more laid back menu of Burgers and Tapas. We booked a table in The Shack but unfortunately it is in the process of renovation so we were seated in the main restaurant.
 
I apologise for the quality of the photo's but in typical Lisa fashion I took my SLR only to find that I'd left the memory card in my laptop, doh. So had to make do with my iPhone. The pictures really don't do the place or the food justice.
 

 
Firstly I will say that the people who run The Lemon Tree are amazing. I'd been there previously on a date where the host/waiter flirted outrageously with the guy I was with. All in good humour we both found it very funny and entertaining.
 
When someone asks you if you like a 'large Pinot in you' you know your in for a good night!
 
Anyway I digress. There was a big group of us and we were promptly seated and offered both menu's to choose from.
 
The burgers are delicious and there's a great selection. My friends opted for a selection including a Lamb, Goats Cheese and Red Onion and Pulled Pork numbers, yum!
 
 
I'm a bit of a sucker for Duck so ordered the 'Two Way Duck' off the Lemon Tree menu; Pan fried Duck breast & Confit Leg with Fondant Potato, Buttered Kale and a Cherry Jus. The Duck was perfectly cooked with the breast being pink and confit leg falling off the bone. The fondant potato and Kale were also great though I was disappointed in the Cherry Jus as it had little flavour.
 
As we caught up and finished off our mains we were tempted by the dessert menu and oh god am I glad I opted to order a dessert. The Lemon Tree desserts are absolutely out of this world. We ordered a selection:
 
 
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce and Clotted cream;
 
 
Lemon Tart with Italian Meringue;
 
 
And my personal favourite, Chocolate Fondant with Caramel Sauce and Chocolate Ganache.
 
 
Gooey and calorie laden this was one of the best desserts I've had hands down!
 
 
As you can see the sweet treats were demolished fairly rapidly and with full tummy's we headed home slightly tipsy, all caught up and happy.
 
The Lemon Tree is a great local restaurant in Wrexham and if your ever in the area please go there the food is great, the staff are friendly and fun and the setting is beautiful. Now when am I going back for some more fondant  . . . .
 


No comments:

Post a Comment