Friday 27 February 2015

Sunday Brunch @ Leaf



 
A lazy weekend Brunch has to be one of the highlights of the weekend and Liverpool has a little gem that serves up some cracking Breakfast/Lunch grub.
 

 
Tucked away on Bold Street you'll find a little gem of a place called Leaf. Described as an independent tea shop and bar Leaf is a really nice place to hang out and catch up with friends.
 
On a trip to Liverpool to celebrate my best friend Alison's birthday at The Cavern Club I decided to let a few friends on my secret little place. We also felt it wise to line our stomach's before a busy afternoon of bands and beer.
 


 
Now I say we went for Brunch . . . we didn't we went for breakfast due to the terrible Sunday train service getting us into the city at the ungodly hour of 10am! Now you know somewhere is good when you turn up 15 minutes after it's opened and it's already packed.
 

 
Heading upstairs we eagerly grabbed menu's and ordered some refreshments while pondering over what we'd choose. I opted for the Egg's Benedict: shredded ham hock topped with perfectly cooked poached eggs and a glorious hollandaise sauce.
 
 
Sharon, Chris & Emma couldn't resist the full English, which I must admit did look pretty damn good.
 
 
The food in Leaf is absolutely delicious and really great value for money. I've been several times and ordered from the evening menu as well as the Breakfast/Brunch one. They also have a great selection of tea's and so they should with the motto 'Where there's Tea, there's hope'.
 


 
The décor is spot on with a chic industrial feel and some really quirky features like these patriotic plates used as a sign tables are reserved. Leaf also has a full calendar of events that happen every month with my personal highlights being Pudding Club (yes I want to go) & Listen Live Fridays.
 

 
They also have a Vintage fair at the end of each month that I'm desperate to check out.
 
Leaf covers all the bases in my opinion and I'm eager to go and eat and hang out there again. I just wish it was a bit closer to home. If your ever in Liverpool and fancy a some good grub check it out, you won't do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment