Monday 2 March 2015

Give it a go Monday - Boogie Bounce!

 
I made a vow at the beginning of the year, some could say a resolution (though I hate calling it that as I instantly want to break it) to try something new every month that would take me out of my comfort zone and hopefully improve my fitness & wellbeing at the same time.
 
I think as you get older you realise that taking care of yourself is not only extremely important but also very satisfying. Over the last four years I've managed to shed three and a half stone and am now at the lightest I've been since I was a teenager. I feel stronger, happier and more confident.
 
I still have a little way to go but I think I've overcome an obstacle because I'm actually starting to like exercise. This is something my 15 stone me would never have said!
 
What I don't like is pounding the treadmill, rower and cross trainer in a boring stuffy gym. And if your anything like me being shouted at Boot camp style is possibly one of the biggest de-motivators going.
 
 
I think the key to successful exercise that you enjoy is a good variation and ultimately having fun while you're achieving your goals. With this in mind I thought Boogie Bounce would be perfect as my 'something new to try' for February.
 
Boogie Bounce is basically a full body workout on a mini trampoline and has been sweeping the nation of late. Now as always, North Wales is always last to experience an exciting new trend and I'll admit I'd never heard of it before my friend Sharon sent me the link to the Website.
 
We'd been having a discussion about doing something new exercise wise to keep us both motivated so along with our friend Alison we booked on for a class. I was really excited about trying it while Alison was a bit nervous bless her.
 
We joined the packed class and timidly took to the trampolines at the back. Truthfully everyone was in the same boat, all a mix of excitement and fear of the unknown. As soon as the class started and the music started pumping though everyone relaxed and have a good giggle while mastering the bouncy dance routines.
 
I knew Boogie Bounce was going to be fun and something new and refreshing. What I wasn't expecting was how effective the routine would be. As well as a good cardio workout the instructors get you to take to the trampoline for some core strengthening exercises and boy did my stomach know about it the next day!
 
If your looking for something new, fun and effective to try on the exercise front give Boogie Bounce a go. I've booked on for another class despite my lack of rhythm. There is also Boogie Bounce Xtreme (the clues in the name) and Disco Boogie Bounce (where the routine is done in a darkened room with disco lights) so there's plenty of variety.
 
Take a couple of friends and enjoy while improving your fitness, it's a win-win situation in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment